Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Because I needed something new to be paranoid about.

So I (ok, almost) got stuck in the elevator today at work. I was on my way to lunch and it mysteriously stopped on floor 4. I was in the elevator by myself and I immediately began to panic. I could just imagine the conversations that would be going on back in the office. "Anyone know where the new girl is?" "Oh, I haven't seen her. One of the elevators is down." "Hm. Interesting." How long would it be before anybody connected the two!?
I quickly envisioned my future. After the FDNY had to be called I would stop being The New Girl and would immediately become The Girl Who Got Stuck In The Elevator. Years would pass as my seniority increased, I would be upgraded to simply "Elevator Girl."
Thankfully the door opened when I pressed the button revealing 4th floor abandoned offices and I was saved. this time. (good story.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home