Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Funniest thing I saw today. (post #2)

Walking outside in New York, even for just 5 minutes, will inevitably allow you to see something that makes you burst out laughing at the expense of someone else. Polite people like to say "Oh, the people watching in New York is just great! Sometimes I sit outside in a cafe for hours, watching who passes." Less polite people say "The best part of New York is judging strangers. Sometimes I waste hours a day, sitting outside and judging strangers."

Moving on. Today I walked behind a man in tapered Calvin Klein jeans, the thick white elastic waistband of his underwear was high on his hips, his white t-shirt firmly tucked into the underwear. We soon reached a Blockbuster with shiny glass windows and the man stopped to check his reflection. I exhaled in relief, like when the person in front of you realizes they have toilet paper stuck to their shoe without you having to awkwardly point it out. The man then proceeded to tuck his shirt in a little more, pull up his tighty-whities just a tad, checked again in the back, and nodded at his reflection in approval before continuing down Broadway.

So I burst out laughing. At his expense. I'd call myself "Less Polite."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home